Thursday, October 29, 2015

Chocolate Avocado-Banana Pudding

At one day away from being 38 weeks pregnant, I was desperately craving something chocolate-y but also healthy (since I had a not-so-healthy dinner with hubby the night before). I opened up my pantry, and what did I spot? Some organic cocoa powder. My mind began to race as I went through all the different things I could make with it. One thing led to another, and I remembered that I had 2.5 avocados left in the fridge and extra ripe bananas I was saving for another banana bread loaf.

Can you guess what my sweet treat of choice was? Well, the answer is a creamy, nutrient-dense chocolate pudding. It felt really good to make such a healthy choice after choosing to eat a dinner high in sodium, trans fats and probably chemicals as well the night before. I just felt cleaner and more energized at the thought of it! This healthy snack motivated me to clean and organize my over-cluttered pantry (which, just by the way, now looks ah-mazing), make a nice dinner and get started on some apple-cinnamon energy balls for the hospital when baby Lukas decides to come. Mm!

And for all the pregnant ladies out there who have not been able to tolerate the taste or consistency of avocado, this is a great way to make sure you are consuming a good amount of nutrients for your little one's brain development, in particular. Throughout my entire pregnancy, I was unable to even think about avo, but this dessert seemed to do the trick. :) 



The recipe I used is very simple, and the ingredients are easily replaceable in the event you do not have all that is required (although, you absolutely do need avocados and cocoa powder).

Avocado-Banana Pudding
Ingredients


  • 2½ ripe avocados;
  • ½ cup cocoa powder (I used organic);
  • ½ cup brown sugar;
  • 1 very ripe banana;
  • ½ cup cow's milk (one of my biggest craving over the past two months)*;
  • ¼ cup coconut milk (or more if you like taste)*;
  • pinch of cinnamon
Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy! You will be able to get 4-5 servings out of this recipe.

*If you prefer using other types of milk or just using one type only, go for it! But make sure you have about ¾ to 1 cup of it, in case you want it to be a little smoother.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!!

Thanks,

-Alesia D.


Let's get social!
Come and join me on Instagram @ChezAlesiaDunn

Ever tried this recipe? Tell me what you did differently and your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment