Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Yummy Hummus

Last weekend, I had a girls' night with my mother-in-law and sister"(s)"-in-law, and we made some yummy, and mostly healthy snacks and desserts. One thing that brings me back to my roots AND always bring back positive feedback is my homemade hummus. (So naturally, this is my go-to when I get invited to a potluck.) It is a big hit every single time I make it, and I always have people asking me for the recipe.

Well friends, the time has finally come.

It's good with pita, with meats like kafta or simply with carrots or other vegetables. Hummus is very versatile, as it can be eaten as a snack or as a side in a Middle-Eastern bbq. Another plus is that if you make it yourself instead of buying from a store, you avoid all the unnecessary extra ingredients + preservatives and get to eat a fresh product.

I'm lucky that my dad passed down his recipe to me, because it has the perfect amount of everything.

Now without further ado, I present my recipe!

Disclaimer: When eating hummus, make sure to bring a pack of mint gum with you. You will thank me for this.



Lebanese Hummus


Ingredients:
  • 2 plump garlic cloves;
  • 1⁄2 tsp salt;
  • 11⁄2 lemons juiced with pulp;
  • 1 can crushed chickpeas; and
  • 1 cup tahini (or how ever much you like).
Directions:
  1. Place garlic cloves and salt in bowl and crush using a mortar.
  2. Add lemon juice and pulp into the bowl. Mix ingredients together.
  3. Open the can of crushed chickpeas and empty contents into the same bowl. Mix.
  4. Pour tahini in, a bit at a time, and mix each time. Give it a taste once the consistency gets thicker. When the hummus becomes pleasing to your palate, you know it is ready.

ENJOY!!

-Alesia D.
Let's get social!

Come and join me on Instagram @ChezAlesiaDunn

Did you like this recipe? Tell me about it and tag me in your photo on Instagram!
It would mean A LOT. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment