Friday, March 4, 2016

Baby Lukas is Four Months Old!

Today, we are celebrating baby Lukey's 4-month old birthday. I can't believe it has already been four whole months since he has been in this world and that I have been a mommy.

I. Have. Learned. A. Lot. And something tells me I will only be learning more and more and more. He has also changed a lot and learned tons in these few, short month. It is really a beautiful thing to watch your child grow right in front of you.

He now:
  • laughs and giggles;
  • pays more attention to his surroundings;
  • presses buttons on his bouncer and toys;
  • reacts to and loves nursery rhymes;
  • babbles and coos a lot more;
  • tries to copy sounds mommy and daddy make;
  • likes to touch e v e r y t h i n g;
  • is very active;
  • reacts to his reflection in the mirror;
  • loves sitting up (assisted);
  • is extremely curious about the things we eat and drink;
  • has gone up another diaper size; 
  • tries to turn around onto his back from his belly; and
  • wears 9-month old clothing.
A few weeks ago, my baby caught his first cold, so it was my first time dealing with a stuffy nose, fever, and occasionally, a cranky baby. Poor little guy woke up congested every morning, so I quickly became good friends with his nasal aspirator and humidifier. His paediatrician recommended feeding him in small quantities (I still breastfeed) more often, as he vomited after each feeding. And he finally got better a week later.

I have also noticed him drooling more often. And over the past two weeks, he has been biting on his fingers as a way to perhaps soothe his irritated gums, so I finally bough him soothing teethers.

The month of February also gave baby Lukas the chance to have his very first Valentine (me!). I did a little DIY Valentine's shoot with him, and the pictures were a hit. (You can see them below.)

My hubby and I also discovered he has a thing for selfies. Every time he sees a phone, he stares into the lens and starts acting funny. He alternates between, laughing, acting tough, smiling, and posing. It's the cutest thing ever. And so far, it seems that we have a very social baby. As long as mommy and daddy approve, Lukas enjoys playing with others and is comfortable enough to be left without us. Thankfully, he enjoys playing with the caregivers at my gym daycare while I work out, and he always likes being with his grandparents, aunts and uncles.

I can't wait to see what else he will learn and do in his fourth month of being!

Thanks for reading!

-Alesia D.




Let's get social!
Follow me on Instagram @ChezAlesiaDunn

Did you enjoy this post? Write to me!








1 comment:

  1. Nice post Alesia!!
    Thanks for sharing this amazing Nasal Aspirator. I would also try it on my baby....

    ReplyDelete