Monday, August 3, 2015

Banana Bread Recipe

Banana Bread

I. Love. Banana Bread. It's one of the easiest things to make and most certainly a tasty treat to have on-hand to bring to work, take on the go, or whatever! My husband especially likes it, so that why I make it whenever I see a few ripe bananas.

Actually, I only started making it when I got married back in 2013. The thought occurred to me when I met up with a long-time childhood friend. Like, I'm talking about a grade 1 to grade 6 kind of thing. Every single time I went over to her house when we were younger, her mother had a freshly baked batch of banana muffins, ready to eat. I remember them being oh-so good and wondered why my mom never made them...

So there you have it, the background story to my love of banana bread.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do!!

Banana Bread
Ingredients:

  • 3-4 very ripe bananas, mashed;
  • ⅓ cup butter, melted;
  • ¾ cup brown sugar;
  • 1 egg, beaten;
  • 1½ cups flour;
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract;
  • 1 tsp baking soda;
  • pinch of salt;
  • pinch of cinnamon (or to taste); and
  • rolled oats (for decoration at the end).
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F (or 175°C) and butter a 4"x8" loaf pan.
  2. Place bananas in medium-sized bowl and mash them as well as you can.
  3. Start adding all other ingredients to this bowl (I subconsciously always add them in the same order, as shown above). And mix well.
  4. Pour batter into greased pan, and sprinkle some oats on top for decoration.
  5. Place in the oven for 55 minutes. My oven is strong, so 55 minutes is all I need, but depending on the strength of your oven, you may want to use a cake tester, such as a fork, knife or toothpick, to make sure your loaf is done.
  6. Remove your yummy treat from the pan, let it cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve!
Enjoy this!!

-Alesia D.

No comments:

Post a Comment