Saturday, January 23, 2016

Egg-Tofu Scramble

Before I had my baby boy in November, I cannot count the number of times I told my husband how excited I was to start back up at the gym and get back into shape. So for Christmas, one of his gifts to me was the +Tone It Up book with motivational stories, exercises and recipes. I love trying new things, especially when it comes to food, so I was looking forward to browsing through the different meals they recommend to their followers.v

One of the breakfasts they put together was a "Terrific Tofu Scramble", which, at first, was scary since I'd never had, bought or prepared tofu. I didn't even know what it was. But I finally decided to give this recipe a chance, with a modification, of course. (I added eggs! Mmmm.)


Egg-Tofu Scramble

Ingredients:
  • 5 ounces firm, herbed tofu;
  • 1 egg;
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil;
  • ¼ onion, chopped;
  • 1 garlic clove, minced;
  • 1⁄2 tsp cumin;
  • 1 tsp tumeric;
  • ¼ tsp paprika;
  • salt and pepper to taste;
  • 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped;
  • 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced; and
  • 1⁄2 cup ripe avocado, diced.
Directions:
  1. Use a paper towel to drain tofu of extra water then cut into dices.
  2. Heat coconut oil on medium-high heat, then add onion and garlic.
  3. Once these begin to brown slightly, add tofu and stir for a few minutes. 
  4. Add cumin, tumeric, paprika, salt and pepper. 
  5. Add the egg and stir.
  6. Now add your vegetables and cook until they turn soft.
  7. Once plated, add some Frank's RedHot if you like to put that **** on everything.
  8. Enjoy!
Thanks for following! :)

-Alesia D.
Let's get social!

Come and join me on Instagram @ChezAlesiaDunn

Ever tried this recipe? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment