Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Broth-Infused Quinoa

The day I got married is the day I started cooking for my husband and exploring different dishes, recipes and ways of cooking in general. I remember the first few times I made him quinoa and thinking, "Man, this stuff is so darn bland. Let me go get some hot sauce, salt, whatever..."

Then one day, I think I was making soup or something, and I needed chicken broth. As I tasted my soup to check the flavour, I remember thinking it tasted so good, so I thought of preparing my quinoa in a chicken or beef broth next time. And sure enough, it was deeeelish. 

Now, when it comes to nutritional value, the broth honestly does not add any. But when it comes to flavour, oh yeah, that's when you realize that nothing else matters. Your taste buds and whomever you prepare this for will definitely thank you.

Broth-Infused Quinoa
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:

  • +Knorr beef or chicken broth cube;
  • 11⁄2 cups dry quinoa;
  • 3 cups water
Directions:
  1. Place water in a small pot and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
  2. While you are waiting, rinse quinoa in hot water using a strainer.
  3. Once the water in the pot starts to boil, drop the broth cube in, followed by the quinoa.
  4. Let everything boil for 1-2 minutes.
  5. Turn the heat off, put the lid on and let sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
  6. Drain excess water if needed.
I hope you enjoy this!

-Alesia D.


Let's get social!

Come and join me on Instagram @ChezAlesiaDunn

Ever tried something similar? What do you use to flavour your quinoa? 
Tell me about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment